SafeX for Small and Medium-sized Businesses
From only $15 per day, USSA Global can help your business ensure that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe.
Designed specifically to meet the needs of smaller and medium sized enterprises, we can provide your business with SafeX, tailored to meet your organisation’s unique requirements.
Proactively manage Health and Safety Risk
These bespoke support packages will assist small and medium-sized organisations to meet their HSE obligations and provide the tools to effectively manage the hazards and associated risks within your organisation. Each package includes all the necessary elements to help you to embed a robust HSE management system to proactively manage health and safety risks, promote good workplace health and safety practices and ensure you are meeting and understand your statutory workplace health and safety responsibilities.
Tailored to any Australian or New Zealand industry
SafeX is designed to give your business all the ongoing support it needs to develop a positive safety culture, and is flexible enough to meet your specific needs regardless of your safety culture starting point. SafeX is available to meet both Australian States and New Zealand legal requirements.
The Package can be adapted to suit all industries, and can be implemented regardless of whether your business has a functioning HSE management system, has some of the basics in place or even if you have no systems at all.
What your organisation receives
From only $15 a day and based on a minimum three year contract, we believe SafeX offers unbeatable value for money. Throughout the lifecycle of the package your business will have access to the USSA Global Advice Line, which operates 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Package members will also be entitled to 10% discount on all other USSA Global services, including;
- Facilitation of risk assessment workshops
- Specific risk assessments (e.g. confined spaces, manual handling etc.)
- Development of risk registers and specific risk procedures (i.e. isolation procedures, working at height etc.)
- Delivery of accredited training and short courses
- ISO auditing, incident investigation
- Assistance in meeting HSE contract requirements for large contractors (e.g. BHP, FMG)
How SafeX works
The following table illustrates the services received under SafeX throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
Phase 1: 0-12 months
- HSE Management System Assessment & Audit: To determine your own starting point the first stage is to carry out a HSE Management System assessment. This usually involves a face to face meeting with your business leaders, completion of an Audit checklist (in line with AS/NZ 4801 requirements) and a site inspection to assess your current HSE management system against legal requirements and best practice standards.
- Fill in Policy and Procedure Gaps: The next phase is to provide your business with all the necessary policies and procedures to fill in any ‘gaps’ to ensure your business has a fully functional HSE management system; where systems are already in place USSA Global will review existing documentation to ensure these meet new harmonised legal requirements.
- Implement new Policies and Procedures: The first implementation phase then begins; during this phase the requirements of all the newly introduced policies and procedures are communicated to the workforce, and internal systems put in place to embed these into the organisation.
Phase 2: 12-18 months
- HSE Management System Audit: USSA Global will conduct an on-site Audit of HSE Management System, (in line with AS/NZ 4801 requirements) and a site inspection to determine levels of implementation of the new system and to identify areas of improvement
- Performance Improvement Plan: Results of the audit will be summarised within a report, along with a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) and submitted to senior management
- Install Electronic Incident Reporting System: USSA Global will install an electronic Incident Reporting system specifically designed for your business which will capture incident data and enable you to produce reports on incident trends within your own organisation and benchmarked against your industry.
- Implement Improvement Actions: The second implementation phase commences; with actions identified within the PIP followed up and completed as required.
Phase 3: 18-24 months
- Review Performance Improvement Plan: USSA Global will conduct a PIP Review with management; this will involve a HSE Consultant undertaking a thorough review of the completed actions within the PIP and review of Incident Reporting and trends
- Formulate Continual Performance Improvement Plan: Results of the review will be used to formulate a Continual Performance Improvement Plan (CPIP) for your organisation
- Implement Improvement Actions: The third implementation phase commences; with actions identified within the CPIP followed up and completed as required.
Phase 4: 24-52 months
- Annual On-site HSE Management System Audit: USSA Global will conduct an Annual On-Site Audit of your HSE Management system (in line with AS/NZ 4801 requirements) and a site inspection to determine levels of implementation of your system and to identify further actions, in order to maintain continuous improvement
- Incident Reporting System Review: A comprehensive review of your organisation’s Incident reporting system will be undertaken and an Annual report produced, highlighting statistics and trends, benchmarked against industry type and country wide figures.
- Formulate Continual Performance Improvement Plan: Results of these reviews will be used to formulate a further Continual Performance Improvement Plan (CPIP) for your organisation.
- Implement Improvement Actions: The fourth implementation phase commences; with actions identified within the CPIP followed up and completed as required.
Become 100% Safe… Always!
Contact us today to discuss how SafeX can help your organisation be 100% safe… always!Call us today to arrange a consultation to discuss your requirements.