July 2014 Safe Work Australia have just released nine packages of national guidance material to support the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act and WHS Regulations. The topics are:
- Workplace traffic management
- Managing cash-in-transit security risks
- Managing risks in forestry operations
- Industrial lift trucks
- Amusement devices
- Safe design, manufacture, import and supply of plant
- Working in the vicinity of overhead and underground electric lines
- Formwork and falsework
- Scaffolds and scaffolding work.
The national material provides practical advice for persons conducting a business or undertaking on how to manage risks at the workplace. The material includes information sheets to assist small businesses and workers meet their WHS obligations.
The national guidance material was agreed by majority by Safe Work Australia Members in June 2014.
To read the full article and access the guidance material, click here: http://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au/sites/swa/news/pages/tn04072014